Left Hand (Drawn with dominant hand)
Right Hand(Drawn with non dominant hand)
1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It was interesting to use my hand as subject matter, because there are so many different lines to look at. I think that hands are extremely difficult to capture because of all the different lines to capture.2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose to use a graphite pencil because I am most familiar with it, and have never used charcoal before.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
I found it extremely difficult to make lines and control the pencil with my non dominant hand. It did not feel natural at all.
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think that the drawing done with my dominant hand looks more controlled, and the lines look smother and more organized. The drawing done with my non dominant hand looks less controlled and the lines look more shaky and sporadic, which is in a way successful for the subject. I think these drawings were successful in focusing on lines, however they could be sketched much better by an individual with more artistic ability.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
I would not consider using my non dominant hand to create artwork in the future. I do not have great control with my non dominant hand and it was very difficult for me to create this artwork.

No comments:
Post a Comment