Thursday, October 5, 2017

Reviewing Peer Responses to Artwork (Module 6)


1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog

Peer Blog A) Dorian Griffin (first student with blog name in Google Doc above me)

https://fundamentalsofartaed200.blogspot.com/ 


Peer Blog B) Shandra Lannie  (selected student blog)

 

2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

 For Peer Blog  A), I definitely agreed with the elements and principles listed with each image. I enjoyed this presentation because I think the images were very creative, and looked like great quality photo (a better photographer than I am for sure). For Peer Blog B), I also agreed with the elements and principles listed with the images. For a few of her images, I was able to see other elements having completed the project.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

For Peer Blog A), there was one image, "Cinema", that I had listed in my blog post as well. I had this piece listed as one that was impressionable, because it caught my attention immediately. The student had it listed as a piece that they were connected with, which I thought was interesting, and I can understand why. There were no images in Peer Blog B) that I had listed.

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

In Peer Blog A), and Peer Blog B), the piece "Converge" were both listed, so I now find it intriguing. One student was impressed by the piece and one student was connected to the piece.The description said that the artist was unsure if he succeeded in creating a masterpiece and I can also relate to that. I also wonder the reason the artist felt the need to create this piece.

5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

I actually enjoyed the process of reading peer reflections, particularly for Project 1. I think this was valuable to my learning because I initially struggled with this project and coming up with ideas for images, so it is helpful to see other examples of the elements and principles in everyday life.

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I currently have no comments on my blog posted by peers, but will continue to check back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment