Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why?
 |
| "Vega-Nor" -Victor Vasarely |
The
"Vega-Nor" was created by Victor Vasarely with oil on canvas in 1969.
This artwork left an impression on me because the colorful design and 3d
dimensional sphere caught my attention. I was fascinated that this
piece was created with oil on a canvas, and it made me think about the
effect lines can have on creating dimension even in paintings.
| |
"Cinema" -George Segal
|
The piece
titled "Cinema" created by George Segal in 1969 also caught my
attention. The piece was created with plaster, illuminate plexiglass and
metal. The man made of plaster created intricate textures that
contrasted the smooth texture of the plexiglass and metals.
Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why?
 |
| "Pumpkin (L)" -Yayoi Kusama |
The "Pumpkin (L)" was created by Yayoi Kusama in 2016 with the use of mirrored polish bronze. Initially, I connected with this piece simply because of the fact that it is a pumpkin and reminded me of fall-my favorite season. I also loved the mirrored bronze design, and the black and gold contrast really got my attention. I would honestly put this piece in my house as decor. After reading the description nearby the painting, I learned that Kusama often uses pumpkins in her artworks because they bring about peace in her mind and speak to her. I can relate to these feelings of peace and comfort, when I think about pumpkins too. Fall is my favorite season, and I always think of cozy nights and family time being spent with upcoming holidays.
 |
| "The Flying Fish" -Marc Chagall |
"The Flying Fish" was created by Marc Chagall in 1948 with oil on canvas. I felt a connection to the bride and groom in this painting because I recently got married a little over a year ago. I interpreted the flowers surrounding the couple as a symbol of the growth in their relationship and start of their new lives together. I was able to connect with the new growth in a relationship as a newlywed.
Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?
 |
| "Orange and Yellow" -Mark Rothko |
The piece "Orange and Yellow" was created by Mark Rothko in 1956 with oil on canvas. I would like to know more about this artwork because I read in the description that the two rectangles set on a background was a style Mark Rothko developed in the 1940's. Rothko wanted to demonstrate emotion through color in his paintings, in hopes the viewer would experience similar feelings he had when creating them. The colors of this painting are bright and made me immediately think of happiness or positivity and I am curious what emotions he was trying to portray.
 |
| "Nomad" -James Rosenquist |
James Rosenquist created the Nomad in 1963 with oil on canvas, plastic and wood. I would like to know more about this piece because there are so many different elements of color and shapes being used. It is almost difficult for me to interpret the image and the reasoning for the paint easel on the floor. I would also like to learn about the background of the painting, as I was briefly discussing the painting with one of the Art Gallery attendants, and he shared that Rosenquist was mocking a different artist's painting with this piece.
Fall is my favorite season as well! I also do agree with you on the pumpkin, I loved the mirrored bronze design with the black and gold contrast. The fact that you included what was used to create each piece taught me something new. In regards how they look initially I would've never thought certain materials were used; like The "Vega-Nor"for example using oil.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the images that you chose they were very interesting. The two that i really enjoyed seeing was the piece entitled "Cinema" and the pumpkin. Those two look really interesting. The work titled "Nomad" you wanted to know more about was the same as mine, i thought it was interesting but still had so many questions like you.
ReplyDelete