Thursday, December 7, 2017

Module 16: Reflections of AED 200

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?

My expectations for this course in the beginning of the semester were ultimately to learn how to understand and interpret works of art. I also hoped to learn about some famous artist and their most famous works, and be able to interpret the meaning of some of them. My expectations were definitely met, as I feel that we had the opportunity to discover artists and observe their works of art, especially through art gallery visits and the art curation assignment. The assignments were helpful in practicing the description and interpretation of different artworks. 

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?

In the first discussion, I said that I believe art can be defined as an individual’s expression of ideas and feelings that utilizes their creative abilities and imagination. I would still define art in the manner, but I might add that art can be interpreted in and aesthetically beautiful in many different ways dependent on the viewer's interpretation of its meaning.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?

In the beginning of the semester I did not have a famous artist. Even though I was able to identify famous artists by name, I was not familiar with their famous works of art, the genre or much else. After taking this course, I could now identify certain artists' works, and be able to provide some insight in the genre or time in which they lived. After visiting the art gallery for the first time and completing the art curation project, I enjoyed viewing Edvard Munch's work, and Pablo Picasso's. I always found Picasso's work confusing and I didn't understand it, but the analysis of Guernica and the videos provided helped me understand him as an artist better. 

4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?

In the beginning of the semester I had stated that i felt comfortable taking online classes as I have done so several times, and I enjoyed the convenience of being able to work on my own time. I still feel that it is beneficial for those who are able to manage their time appropriately and enjoy the ability to plan school at their own expense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment