Saturday, September 16, 2017

Elements and Principles Slideshow

The Elements and Principles Slideshow art project required the use of taking a photograph to represent each one of the elements and principles of art. This project helped me develop a better understanding of each of these elements and principles. In addition, these elements were more apparent, and I was able to recognize these elements in the world around me.

To begin this project, I read about the elements and principles in Chapters 4 and 5 in the text, and referenced the student sample slideshow in order to gain insight on how the final piece should look. The example also helped me think outside the box when brainstorming ideas of what images I wanted to capture. I took notes of these ideas, and tried to think of specific locations and items I could take pictures of. For the next few days, I took several photos-many more than I needed. I walked around campus assessing my surroundings, looking for the elements of art in buildings and other objects. I then studied my surroundings at home, my parents' home, and my place of work. Eventually, I sat down in order to go through the pictures I had taken. After looking at them, it was easy to tell what pictures had a more apparent element or principle which helped narrow it down. I then utilized photobucket's editing features in order to crop and enhance the images.

 While reflecting on this assignment, I realized how much the images had helped me to be able to see the elements and principles in images I wouldn't have normally studied. In the beginning of the process, it was challenging for me to get my creativity flowing. For example, I felt as if I could define and explain in detail what each of the elements and principles meant, however I wasn't sure how to transform that knowledge into a photograph. Brainstorming ideas, and just becoming very observant to my surroundings was most helpful in getting started. However, at the end of the process it got much easier and more artistic ideas came to me. Another struggle I had was with the photobucket itself, the ads and website really seemed to slow down the computers and created glitches, (I tried using 3 different ones in hopes it would be easier), so it was difficult to edit and share the album I created. However, after time and patience I was able to complete it!

"EMAIL & IM" CODE:
 http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/samhoughton/library/Elements%20and%20Principles%20Slideshow

"HTML" CODE
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/samhoughton/embed/slideshow/Elements%20and%20Principles%20Slideshow"></
iframe>


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clarity of your pictures, espeacially the ones of flowers. The colors are vibrant and they really standout. Also, for some reason I'm getting a fall vibe from some pictures in the album. You really could tell that you took your time in brainstorming what you wanted to photograph. They also showed that you fully understood what each element and principle required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrant colors, especially the flower. Very beautiful. Each picture was very clear and shows that you really understood what each element and principle means.

    ReplyDelete